I will be teaching a class entitled, “Nature in Winter” on January 31, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the Mt. Airy Learning Tree here in Philadelphia.
The class will be a slideshow presentation and talk about the scientific processes and beauty of the winter season.
Some of the questions we will explore are:
- Learn what is hibernation and who actually hibernates.
- What about insects? Where do they go and how do they survive the cold?
- Some birds leave before the cold sets in, but others arrive. Who are these hardy souls?
- What can we learn now about the winter sky?
- Tips on taking winter photos.
- What to add to your nature journal now.