When I was a new gardener, the most trouble I had was, figuring out when to do what.
This guide explains concepts that gardeners are often baffled about. No more cool-season flowers dying of heat-stroke. Or warm-season melons refusing to sprout because the ground is too cold. Learn when not to prune, making simple compost, how to harden off step-by-step, the importance of chilling hours, and the different types of annuals and when to plant them. You will be able to create a beautiful, successful garden with the Earth as your guide.
This book is written especially for the ecologically-minded gardener who wants to garden responsibly and sustainably. After reading this handbook, you will understand how the Earth’s cycles and seasons affect your garden. You will be able to create a beautiful, successful garden with the Earth as your guide.
Learn these successful gardening concepts
- Learn how to use the natural warming and cooling of the Earth to plant at the optimal times.
- Learn the simple ingredients to great compost inspired by Earth’s natural processes.
- Learn why plant origins are important to their success in your garden.
- Learn to understand the timing of planting and why cool season crops planted at the wrong time, fail.
- And finally, learn how to find the information that helps you to understand the land, soil, climate, and weather where you garden.
When I was a new gardener, the most trouble I had was when to what. Years of making mistakes and wasting money were frustrating. I pulled together my experiences and researched scientific journals to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Then I began teaching what I learned to gardeners. My big problem was there wasn’t a book I could use for my classes that covered the topics I covered. This guide, A Seasonal Gardener’s Handbook, came out of those classes and questions from gardeners.
After reading this handbook, you will understand how the Earth’s cycles and seasons affect your garden. You will be able to create a beautiful, successful garden with the Earth as your guide.
What questions will this guide answer?
- When to do gardening chores
- Why pruning woody plants in the fall is a very bad idea
- How to create planting schedules for your vegetable or kitchen garden
- Understand why soil amendments don’t need to be dug into the soil
- When to plant cool-season flowering annuals for the best bloom display
- How to create a seasonal round of caring for your garden year after year
Who will find A Seasonal Gardener’s Handbook useful?
- An ecologically-minded person who wants to garden sustainably and responsibly
- New gardeners frustrated with other gardening books that don’t spell out the basics
- Mid-Level gardeners to want to improve their knowledge
- Anyone who wants to understand how the land works
Downloadable Seasonal Round template
Summer into Fall Blooming Native Flowers a free plant list to download
Native Fruits and Berries for Birds a free plant list to download