Autumn photography subjects can include plants, animals, closeup of leaves and many scenes that characterize the season.
Trying to take pictures to highlight the season. This can become a scavenger hunt for “things seen in autumn”.
Try some of these ideas.
- look for mini-scenes not necessarily grand landscapes.
- colored leaves fallen in a rushing stream.
- pine cones and seed pods
- migrating ducks and geese.
- early morning frosts on leaves and flowers
- early morning mists – as the sun rises and as the mist disappears
- wide skies with colorful leaves below and blue sky above
- berries and fruit glistening with dew
- harvest time at farmers’ markets
- animals preparing for winter
- mushroom and fungi that appear after fall rains
- fall flowers blooming in brilliant color
- the last of the insects busily gathering nectar and pollen
Create a series
- things that are red or orange or gold
- things that will soon disappear
- patterns, circles, lines
- a mood that exemplifies autumn
- light and shade
- still-lifes of seasonal objects
- reflections in water
- single leaf (the photo in this post are from my single leaf series)
NEXT: Autumn Nature Photography Tips and Camera Settings
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.