Drawing nature in autumn is often a matter of collecting while outside and drawing in the comfort of a warm and toasty home.
I like to gather these things to draw.
- nuts and acorns
- seed pods and seed heads
- twigs and branches
- dried grasses
- dead insects
- different maple tree seeds
- different oak acorns and leaves
- migrating hawks (maybe with help from a book – Hawks from Every Angle: How to Identify Raptors In Flight – has good photos of hawks the way you usually see them, overhead)
- make bark rubbing by taping a sheet of paper to a tree trunk and rubbing with a crayon
- leaf rubbing – use bark rubbing technique on leaves
Join and get the posts & newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.