When I was a new gardener, the most trouble I had was when to what. Years of making mistakes and wasting money were frustrating. I pulled together my experiences and researched scientific journals to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Then I began teaching what I learned to gardeners. My big problem was there wasn’t a book I could use for my classes that covered the topics I covered. This guide, A Seasonal Gardener’s Handbook, came out of those classes and questions from gardeners.
What questions will this guide answer?
- When to do gardening chores
- Why pruning woody plants in the fall is a very bad idea
- How to create planting schedules for your vegetable or kitchen garden
- Understand why soil amendments don’t need to be dug into the soil
- When to plant cool-season flowering annuals for the best bloom display
- How to create a seasonal round of caring for your garden year after year
Who will find A Gardener’s Calendar useful?
- New gardeners frustrated with other gardening books that don’t spell out the basics
- Mid-Level gardeners to want to improve their knowledge
- Anyone who wants to understand the how the land works
Downloadable Seasonal Round template
Summer into Fall Blooming Native Flowers a free plant list to download
Native Fruits and Berries for Birds a free plant list to download